Movie Review Essay outline: American Gangster, starring Denzel Washington
Students can obtain this resource from Amazon, instant video, Netflix, or VuDu. The paper should be a 5-6 page reaction paper (excluding title and reference pages) about the movie addressing the key points listed below. It must include at least three scholarly references and/or one or two case law citations that would be applicable in this case study.
Address each of the following key points:
- Did Frank Lucas’ childhood in the South and his interactions with the police play a part in his own justification that resulted in his criminal career?
- From an organizational, corporate, and business perspective, why did Frank Lucas break away from the teachings of Bumpy Johnson after his death and what factors influenced his decision to cut out middle man and the other Crime Families?
- Frank decided to employ his family members and other close relatives. What could be Frank’s rationale for doing this, knowing that his closest relatives’ lives would be put at risk? How would the social network analysis model under the criminological approach be useful in explaining this ideal?
- What point or message was Frank attempting to send to his brothers and the community when he left the restaurant and shot the man in the head on the street sidewalk?
- Report ethical and professionalism issues that were violated by some parts of the criminal justice system. What would be your recommendations to correct these ethical concerns?